A few facts we've learned about women's health:
- 51% of all women surveyed in the latest #InHerWords report said that they felt a physician had diminished their symptoms.
- The prevalence of mental health issues during reproductive life stages (start of the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, postpartum, and menopause) adds to the complexity of care for women. Yet most mental health therapy is based on the male experience.
- 70% of patients with "medically unexplained symptoms" are women.
- Women are more likely to die prematurely from largely preventable illnesses such as lung cancer and cervical cancer.
- Nearly 75% of Indigenous women surveyed in the latest #InHerWords report felt their needs were not being met or treated effectively by the current healthcare system.