Dear Blended Community,
To start, a huge thanks to all of you doing your part in social distancing and also for letting us keep you nourished with mega-nutrition-packed smoothie blends.
The last couple of weeks have made new daily wellness habits even more essential, so I wanted share some tips that are helping me stay positive and energized. This is a marathon, not a race, which means we need to be proactive in taking steps to come through this time both mentally and physically strong. Here are my top 5:
1. Daily Vitamin D Boosting: Vitamin D is vital for healthy immune system function, bone & teeth strength, prevention of certain diseases and more. Sunlight, fortified-foods (milk, cereal, juices) and fatty fish (eg. salmon) are ways to get it, but most of us, particularly with spending most of our time inside these days, need an extra boost. I've upped my Vitamin D intake with a daily supplement (you can get it at most larger grocery stores and drug stores).
2. Cold Water Therapy (even on cold rainy days): this is something I do for both stress management and immunity strength. My method: lukewarm shower then switch to cold for the last minute (30 seconds to cover head/back then 30 seconds on face/chest/front). Take some time to read about the why/how. Here is one link, but there are tons of articles online: HEALTHLINE ARTICLE
3. Getting Fresh Air: having a pup means I'm getting out for fresh air a few times a day (practising social distancing). Whenever possible, I get into quiet forest trails, usually early in the morning, and treat it as a meditative time.
4. Daily In-Home Exercise: as someone who LOVES outdoor activity, this one has been tougher for me, but I've made a commitment to do 30 to 60 minutes of in-home yoga or strength training daily. Doing more strength work was a personal goal for me this year, so I'm taking this opportunity to create a new health habit for the long term. There are tons of online group and individual sweat sessions you can follow. If you'd like help finding options, email us with what you're looking for and we'll send you suggestions. Online Exercise Ideas
5. Getting Blended: I'm often asked which Blended smoothies are my go-to(s), which would typically be those found in our Deep Green Collection. These days, I find my body and mind need a mix up of different nutrients and boosters, so I'm adding in more of The Athlete and the Acai Radiance. The Shroom Energy & Maca Energy are also regular early afternoon spooned straight-from-the-pack blends for me.
Bonus tip: I really wish I had seen this before I took to cutting my own hair (truth): GOOP Isolation Hair Tips
Some of these tips are not appropriate if you're feeling unwell or have any immune compromise, so please only try what feels right for you.
If you have any questions or your own tips to share, please email us.
Please stay healthy and safe for both yourself and others.