What's All The Metabolism Fuss About?
Tips for Increasing Your Metabolism
1. Exercise: physical activity accounts for most of the calories your body burns each day. To boost your metabolism, try interval strength & cardio training.
2. Keep Moving: any extra movement, even standing rather than sitting, helps keep your metabolism up. Opt for the stairs and walking (walking meetings anyone?) and take regular movement breaks if your day involves a lot of sitting.
3. Get a Sweet Sleep: lack of sleep can cause your metabolism to slow and often results in weight gain (check out next week's Blended For Wellness and follow our dive into all things 'sleep').
4. Eat healthy foods on a regular schedule: stick to a 'clean' diet and try to stay on a regular eating schedule. Check out our top picks for keeping your burn game strong below.
5. Change with Age: as you age, muscle mass will decrease and calorie burning/metabolism starts to slow. Be pro-active and get into a regular strength training routine.
6. Manage Stress: stress causes havoc with hormones and can slow your metabolism. Be aware of your stress levels, particularly chronic stress, and take steps to manage it (regular exercise, sleep and mindful activity).
7. Water Hydrate: drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day to help keep your system running optimally.
Fit these ingredients/foods into your diet for healthy metabolism support:
- Green tea/Oolong tea
- Apple cider vinegar
- Spicy foods/chili peppers/cayenne pepper
- Iron/Zinc/Selenium-rich foods (lean meat, seafood, legumes, nuts, seeds)
- Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts contain three essential nutrients that power your metabolism: B vitamins, calcium, and vitamin C).
Blended For Your Metabolism
Need a little help with your daily boosting? Here are our top blends that will show you some real metabolic love:
Blue Mango Matcha
Greens Daily Dose